Have you Googled the words ‘Mossel Bay’ recently? If you have, you’ll have seen that Mossel Bay Tourism’s web site – www.visitmosselbay.co.za – is consistently the first ‘natural’ (rather than paid-for) link that comes up on the world’s biggest search engine.
And if you’ve tried improving your own search engine rankings, you’ll agree: this is one of the most important – and yet most difficult – achievements in marketing today.
But Mossel Bay Tourism has managed to do it. And we’ve managed to have www.visitmosselbay.co.za ranked in the top 4% of more than 2.5 million sites from around the world which have been examined by Hubspot’s Web Site Grader.
By leveraging the information you provide us, by carefully targeting the right people in the media (both on- and off-line), and by using the natural and man-made assets of Mossel Bay to design and manage marketing campaigns on your behalf.
Of course success in search engine rankings isn’t everything – but it proves that Mossel Bay Tourism is achieving results in the most competitive marketing environment. Ever!
- Accreditation means you’ve fulfilled certain requirements – and guests judge a business’s reputation by the level of it’s memberships and affiliations;
- You’ll receive membership certificates and stickers for display in your public areas;
- You’ll be offered regular networking opportunities;
- Exposure to about 30,00 visitors per year. And that’s just the people who visit our information office;
- Free listing in our sector-specific brochures (Things To Do; Hotels, Lodges & B&Bs; Self Catering);
- Access to maps, brochures, and other publications from Mossel Bay Tourism. Collect them from us, and pass them on to your guests!
- Many visitors to our information office spend time browsing our shelves – so we display your brochures in the appropriate spots;
- Members may supply one laminated, A4 page containing photos, a short description of your business, and your contact details – these are held in the relevant files, which visitors to our information office use. Regularly;
- Members may supply one laminated, A4 page describing limited period special offers – these will be displayed on our Specials Boards in the information office during the period of your promotion;
- You’re on our database – so if someone comes into the tourism office asking for your kind of business, we’ll tell them about you.
- The town receives generic exposure through our attendance at trade and consumer shows and workshops.
- We supply information about all our members to members of the media, tour operators, etc., through our brochures, and electronically via our information CDs.
- If you or your business wins a special award, or something unusual and newsworthy happens to you – we’ll write a media release about it, and send it to more than 800 members of the media.
- Members receive regular e-mail alerts and media releases about Mossel Bay.
- You get a free page on www.visitmosselbay.co.za & www.besoekmosselbaai.co.za
- This page contains – at the very least – a photo, your contact details, a description of your business, and, most importantly, your own website and e-mail addresses;
- You can also enrich your page by supplying us with
- 3 or 4 additional photos
- Your rates
- An extended description of your business
- Links to the following (which we’ll embed in the page on your behalf):
- YouTube videos;
- Google Maps (just send us your latitude and longitude as provided by Google);
- 360 degree tours;
- Web Site Marketing; 72.3% of traffic to our sites comes from Search Engines (with 17.2% coming from referring sites, and 9.8% from direct traffic). SO the search engine marketing we’re doing for Mossel Bay Tourism’s sites benefits you. Directly.
- Community Awareness – Mossel Bay Tourism involves itself in various social and environmental awareness programmes, and actively pursues various development projects;
- Marketing Opportunities – Mossel Bay Tourism is your source for all destination marketing.
All membership fees are allocated to the generic marketing of Mossel Bay – so join up, or renew your annual membership now!
Mossel Bay Tourism
- Corner Church and Market Streets; PO Box 1556, Mossel Bay, 6500
- Telephone +27 44 691 2202
- Fax +27 44 690 3077