Support those that protect our oceans
We know that our beautiful and mysterious oceans, which are the planet’s life support system, are in crisis because of human activities, and that a change in behavior is needed to ensure abundant and healthy oceans for the future of all life.
The infographic was created as a joint project between Keep Fin Alive and Oceans Research, and sponsored by Gouritz Cluster Biosphere Reserve and Mossel Bay Municipality
It was created created it to highlight the problems associated with plastic pollution for our marine life.
– Plastic is regularly found in the stomach of fish and other marine species – including whales.
– Up to 40% of plastic dumped inland ends up in the ocean via waterways.
– Around 8 millions tonnes of plastic is dumped in the ocean every year.
There are easy ways to reduce your plastic pollution impact as listed on the infographic, and below;
The following companies have pledged their support to keep our oceans healthy and are no longer offering straws or single use plastics. Please support them in return, by doing so you are doing your bit to protect our oceans!
Clean Ocean Companies in Mossel Bay will have this sign displayed at their entrance:
Esther Jacobs | 079 743 5457
Clean Ocean Companies are committed to:
1) Not offering plastic straws to patrons
2) Not offering single use plastic cutlery to patrons
3) Not offering single use plastic bags to patrons
4) Not offering polystyrene packaging to patrons
5) Provides incentives to customers / clients who bring their own reusable mug or takeaway tub.
6) Are committed to recycling
We recommend that you keep some stainless steel straws handy when traveling
Look out for these notices at participating restaurants should you not be offered a plastic straw