The St. Blaize Trail is a popular 13.5 km (6 hour) hike that follows the 30 meter contour along the cliffs westwards from the Cape St. Blaize Lighthouse. It begins at the cave below the Lighthouse, and ends at Dana Bay (you can walk it in either direction), and is marked with the sign of the Oystercatcher. Parking is available at both the St. Blaize Cave and Dana Bay.
Degree of Difficulty
MODERATE - do not underestimate this trail. Exits are far from main roads and the town centre.
Level of Fitness Required
* For your own safety, do not walk alone
* Take water to drink, there is none available on the trail
* Wear proper hiking shoes
* Wearing a hat & sunblock is recommended
* A light jacket might prove valuable as it get windy on the trail
* Arrange for transport at the end of the trail
* Cell phone signal cannot be guaranteed for the full length of the trail
BEWARE OF SNAKES
Snakes, especially puff adders, love basking in the sun along the trail and often will not move off the path.
BEWARE OF FLYING GOLF BALLS where the trail crosses the Pinnacle Point golf course.
St Blaize Hiking Trail, Pinnacle Point, Mossel Bay, 6511, South Africa